The most effective method of producing good BoEs is to have experienced leaders dedicated to the estimation team. Professional BoE Team Leaders work with estimators and other proposal authors to develop and document defensible estimates. They coordinate with cost volume lead and pricing manager to ensure complete, compliant, and compelling inputs into the proposal volumes.
- Plan the BoE effort in concert with the cost volume leader and proposal manager
- Customize and deliver needed training for authors and contributors (see our Just In Time BoE Training for details)
- Work with the authors day-to-day to develop well-substantiated estimates
- Ensure completeness and compliance of the BoEs with RFP requirements and reasonable industry standards
- Coordinate all reviews, including informal, internal team reviews and external reviews
- Ensures quality and compliance of products.
- Compliance with RFP requirements
- Substantiated estimates supporting management and technical volume solutions
- Integration with relevant past performance data
- Reduced errors due to rigorous process and reviews
- Consistent cost estimation data supporting Pricing and Staffing needs across all volumes.
If you are interested in knowing more about these services, please contact us.